RPG/Externalizer automatically converts RPG programs for external data file definition, saving vast amounts of time and reducing the chance of errors. RPG/Externalizer re-engineers the programs -- modernizing the File, Input, Calc, and Output specifications. RPG/Externalizer is available for $895 for unlimited use.
File (F) Specifications are Modified...
- File definitions are retrieved from compiled defined files
- File specifications are changed from program defined to externally defined
- Formats are automatically renamed if two files use the same format name
- A specified prefix is optionally appended to all field names coming from a particular file
Input (I) Specifications are Modified...
- Input specifications are removed for externally defined files
- Override input specifications are added for record identification indicators, control breaks, matching records and field conditioning
- Input subroutines are created to move file fields to program fields
- MOVE's and data structures are used to load arrays formerly loaded in input specifications
- MOVE's, substrings and data structures are used to handle input fields which span multiple file fields
- MOVE's and substrings are used to handle input fields which are a portion of a file field
- Record identification code usage is converted
Calculation (C) Specifications are Modified...
- Input subroutines are executed each time file data is retrieved
- Indexed files are modified to use key lists
- CHAIN operations and execution of input subroutines are placed in a DO block when the conditioning indicator and result indicator are the same
Output (O) Specifications are Modified...
- Output specifications are removed for externally described files
- Output subroutines are created that are conditioned by the indicators of output specs and that use format names of files
- Output subroutines are executed at each place where the original file maintenance was performed
- File fields are cleared prior to adds
- Individual fields are conditioned by indicators used in the original output specifications
- MOVE's and data structures are used to output arrays
- MOVE's and data structures are used to handle output fields which span multiple file fields
- MOVE's are used to handle output fields which are a portion of a file field
- Constants which span multiple file fields are broken up
- Fields which require user review are flagged
- Interactive or batch conversion
- Comprehensive reference manual
- Online help text
- Free telephone support first 30 days (20% annual maintenance fee thereafter)
- Fully functioning demo available